Friday, February 25, 2011

Creation - Still Going On


          God has a great way of getting our attention.  He knows what we need when we only have a vague idea.  He had me studying Genesis, creation and foundations just this last week, when I realized something about myself from a fresh perspective.  God in creation started with darkness, water, and the Spirit.  He added light.  He got the water in the right concentration by positioning it in the right place with the sky and the land.  Then life was created.  I can see how in my life I had my existence, darkness in my soul, and the Spirit of Christ as a believer in Jesus.  Father God positioned me in the right place where I could receive godly teaching and healthy relationships.  He then brought in light—the light of His word, biblical and prophetic, and things began to change—life began anew.  God’s word says He is the vine, we are the branches.  I see how He had to do a work in me so this branch life could really flourish.  He used inner healing, prayer, the study of His word, and His people to do that creative work.  
      How has God been positioning you;  what has God been bringing in to light your way.  God doesn’t do things by accident; He is intentional, purposeful.  His goal is Oneness with Christ; Spirit filled life that brings Him glory and blesses His children.  I have seen how as I have cooperated with Him and participated in what He brings forward, my life has more life, more Spirit filled joyful life.  The darkness in my soul is transformed to be reflective of Jesus and His truth and reality.  Paul wrote in Philippians 3:12 “Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.” (NAS Bible)  That’s me too.      
      I love creating, whether it is making a new recipe in the kitchen (creating food), redoing a closet (creating order), helping my kids write a paper (creating communication).  In life it is an ongoing process.   God loves creating in us, and it is an ongoing process for Him too.  I see Him still working in me so that my life reflects more of His Son.  My participation, my step, is choosing to press in, to press on.  To lay hold of all God has for me is a faith work.  How often I have to ask for God to supply the faith that is necessary so He can do this laying  hold of Him in me for me.  How much I see all that is required of me is the step into this participation.  Maybe for you it’s talking to a neighbor about the weather and bringing Jesus in the conversation, maybe it’s choosing to be an usher or help with child care at your church, maybe it’s dealing with that internal closet you’re hoping Jesus doesn’t know about, but know He does.  Why not ask God this week to help you have faith and enable your stepping in, and stepping out.   The result will be beautiful, green, with lots of great fruit.  To God be the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment